Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Weekly Menu Plan



I'm back into the menu planning game and believe me, I am so glad.

I haven't been menu planning for the past few months and while we always ended up having a meal on the table at dinnertime there were more instances than I would like to admit where the 5 o'clock hour came around and I was scrambling to figure out what I could make.

I have also come to love menu planning because I find I make a lot more new recipes when doing it and another bonus is that a plan keeps my grocery shopping in check because I know what ingredients I need ahead of time instead of just throwing tons of things in my cart "just in case" I may need them.

Sunday
Grilled Pork Chops
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
Salad
Beets in Vinegar

Monday
For my husband and I...
Tuna Casserole (I made my own cream of mushroom soup with homemade beef stock which makes the casserole extra delicious- my husband's portion had regular pasta and my portion had gluten free pasta)
Salad

For the kids (they hate tuna casserole)...
Hard Boiled Eggs
Fruit
Homemade Pumpkin Muffins

Tuesday
Slow Cooker Asian Glazed Chicken
White Rice
Broccoli
Salad (trying to use it all up before it goes bad- can't you tell?)

Wednesday
Meatballs Subs (I substitute gluten free breadcrumbs and almond milk to make the meatballs gluten/dairy free- I will eating my meal sans the sub roll)
Potato Salad
Salad
Corn

Thursday
Hamburgers on the Grill
French Fries
Salad
Beets in Vinegar

Friday
Grilled Italian Dressing Chicken or possibly take-out; It totally depends on how I'm feeling that day :)

Saturday
I don't get home from work until 7 pm so my husband is in charge of dinner for him and the kids- he usually picks something easy from the freezer or pantry.


I am participating in I'm an Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment