Thursday, January 9, 2014

Kale Chips!

Since I am going to be ditching my beloved tortilla chips in an effort to get myself as healthy as I can be, I decided that I need to find a new crunchy snack.

That is where the kale comes in. I know, I know, how could a green leafy vegetable possibly be able to take the spot of chips? Pretty easily, actually!

Here is how you make delicious kale chips...

Break off the kale leaves from the stalk and then break them into bite size pieces. You can use kitchen scissors or be like me and just use your fingers. Throw the pieces into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Mix up well and then add your seasoning- I added kosher salt and then mixed it all up again to disperse the salt evenly. Lay out the kale in a single layer on a cookie sheet (you can use parchment paper to line your sheet if you would like) and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Keep an eye on it because you don't want it to burn, you just want it to become crispy. When the kale is done, take out of the oven and let it cool. Store in an airtight container.

See? It's super easy. What is also great is that kale is very healthy and is pretty cheap. The words "healthy" and "cheap" are music to my ears because this mama is on a budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment