Friday, January 10, 2014

Shaws- Lots of Produce


1.15 lb Cherries $5.74 (my son has been begging for cherries)
Cantaloupe $2.50
1 lb Strawberries $2.50 - .50 MC (Driscolls sent me coupon for my birthday- how nice!)
Lemon .69
Iceberg Lettuce $1.99
5 lb Bag Maine Potatoes $1.99
Pineapple $2.99
Red Delicious Apple *free* with kid's club card
4.85 lb Pears $7.23
Wild Harvest Organic Crackers $2.39 (great price- Whole Foods has their brand for $2.99)

Total: $27.57 less $2 I will get back from Checkout 51 for uploading my first $20+ receipt
New Total: $25.57

Part of trying to get the most bang for my buck while also eating wholesome foods is to take advantage of deals at different stores. Shaw's is right across from Whole Foods so I decided that going to both stores would be pretty easy- my two year old decided to make it not easy at all but we survived (just barely).

I am also super impressed with Shaw's right now because one of the men working in produce came up to us and gave Jilly a kid's club card and told us that she could either get a free banana or apple every time she came to the store. He was so nice and Jilly was very excited to pick out her apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment