Saturday, June 30, 2012

Eggplant Parmesan

After eating eggplant croquettes and liking them, my husband asked if I could try making eggplant parmesan. I found a recipe for it from Cook's Illustrated which ended up being a bit involved but the results were fantastic. If you are looking for a recipe where you just dump some stuff in a dish this one is not for you but you really just seem to get better results the more time you but into something. 

As the Annoying Orange would say "hey eggplant... knife!"

Sweating it out...

Delicious!

My husband and I loved it (the kids were visiting my mom). The eggplant was cooked to perfection and the homemade sauce was very good (though there was a bitter aftertaste which I suspect is from me using dried basil instead of fresh). I will be making this again and I know when the kids try it they will gobble it right up like we did,

No comments:

Post a Comment