Friday, June 3, 2011

Lazy Dinner Recipe

Last night the menu plan called for pasta and homemade breadsticks but I really did not feel like making breadsticks. To me, just having pasta with sauce is a little boring and a little lazy but I also did not feel like making meatballs. What was my solution?
I made meatball sauce...

Meatball sauce was something I invented last week when I also didn't feel like making meatballs. My on the fly recipe consisted of ground beef from the freezer, grated Parmesan cheese, Italian breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. I threw everything into a non-stick pan and mixed it all together with my spatula and then cooked it until the ground beef wasn't pink anymore. Then I pured the meat mixture into a pot, added a jar of marinara sauce and simmered until dinnertime.

It came out really good and required minimal effort, which is why I cooked it again for dinner last night. I'm sure breadsticks would have made the meal that much better but I was feeling lazy so everyone is lucky they didn't end up with peanut butter sandwiches for dinner. And yes, taking a picture would have required too much effort on my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment