Thursday, May 26, 2011

Yeah, That Was Me Yelling at My Kids in the Store- So What?

Have you ever had a morning that was so bad you just knew the rest of your day was going to be awful?

This morning we dropped off my dog at the vet so he could have his teeth cleaned and some other stuff done (this will cost me a small fortune but I suppose that is what credit cards are for, right?) and then I decided that the kids and I would run to Stop and Shop to get some hot dog buns and beans for dinner (it's going to be a white trash dinner tonight!). I thought it would be no big deal because every seemed to be in a good mood.

Well, it was horrible and awful and terrible. My daughter, who is almost two, is just little miss independent who I guess doesn't need to be under the watchful eyes of her mom. Oh no, she can just run away whenever she pleases and touch whatever she wants. But then here comes evil mommy who snatches her up to take her back to the shopping cart, all while she is screaming (and yes, she does start off sitting in the cart but that never lasts long). My son was pretty good the whole time but then when it was time to leave he wouldn't hold onto the shopping cart before we got to the parking lot. At that point I was ready to abandon the whole shopping cart, kids and all, and go home by myself.

It seems as if every time I think that maybe, just maybe my kids will cooperate in the store they decide that their sole mission in life is to make me feel like an awful and incompetent mother. I now know that there is no way on God's green earth that I can take the kids to the store which in turn makes my life suck just that much more because any shopping I do will have to be at night (when I am so tired that I could care less if my family starves to death because we have no food) or on Sundays. This also means that any hopes I may have had of getting back into drugstore shopping have been trampled into the ground.

And now I am going to sit on the couch for a bit because any small bit of energy I had when I woke up this morning was expelled at the grocery store. The little baby in my stomach is going to think that his brother and sister are real you-know-what-holes before he meets them; I know I would if I had to hear the crap they pull all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment