Monday, February 28, 2011

(Somewhat) Keeping My Life In Order


Over the past few months I have turned from a somewhat organized person to a scatterbrain and it was really bothering me. I felt so disorganized and overwhelmed with taking care of the housewife stuff on top of caring for a three year old and a one year old.

Meet my solution- a free calender I got from a local business. This calender helps me keep track of what I need to do and what I have done.

Each day of the week (except for the weekend) has a different cleaning task assigned to it of which I listed in the upper left hand corner. Whenever I do anything I notate it on the corresponding day on the calender. You see, I don't always get my daily cleaning chores done so with the calender I can look back and see what I missed the previous week and can make sure I get to it the current week.

I also have a to-do list at the top of the calender of tasks that i need to complete outside of my daily cleaning schedule. I love to-do lists because I am a scatterbrain and if something I need to do is not written down i-most likely won't do it.

Even with my magical calender I am still a scatterbrain but at least now I feel like I have a bit of control- until I accidentally throw the calender away (I have thrown away weirder things not thinking).



No comments:

Post a Comment