Monday, November 15, 2010

Napping on the Couch

I didn't feel that well when I woke up this morning- kind of like I was starting to come down with something. So, after I fed the kids breakfast and put my daughter down for her nap, I did something that I never do- I took a nice long nap on the couch.

Now, it wasn't the most peaceful nap ever because my son kept waking me up to tell me important things (like that he was going to play with his cars, asking me if he could go pee pee) but it did feel good and I do feel better.

Once the bliss of having taken a nap wore off I realized that I still had to clean up breakfast, make the beds and empty the dishwasher and refill it with the dishes that were overflowing in the sink. At that moment I really was wishing that I had a housekeeper or that my three year old son was somehow proficient in cleaning houses. I can dream, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment