Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Rite Aid- Always Have A Plan B


Pampers Diapers $8.99 - $3.00 MC (from Vocalpoint mailer)
Pamper Wipes $3.49 - $3.50 MC wyb diapers
Nivea for Men Body Wash $3.00 - $1.00 MC
2 Colgate @ $1.50 each - (2) $1.00 MC
Butt Paste $3.99 - $2.00 MC and $3.00 Video Values ***$1.01 Overage***
Nivea Lip Care $2.99 - $1.00 MC
Less $5 off $25 coupon

Total: $4.96
Will submit for $1.99 SCR for purchasing Nivea Lip Care
Received: $6.00 Up+ Rewards ($2 from Nivea Body Wash, $1 from Nivea Lip Care, $2 from Pampers and $1 from Colgate)

The $3.00 purchase price of Colgate will go towards the Oral Care SCR (buy $15 get $5 gift card or buy $25 get $10 gift card)

I don't consider this transaction a money maker because I don't count my +Up Rewards until I actually use them. If I counted them now they would end up being double counted and making it look like I did better than I really did. Example: You spend $5.00 out of pocket and earn $7.00 in +Up Rewards. On your next purchase you spend $10.00 and use $7.00 +Up Rewards so your out of pocket is $3.00. You then say that transaction #1 was a money maker of $2.00 and Transaction #2 only cost you $3.00. This is just ludicrous because the +Up Rewards are not really worth anything until you use them. If you were a book keeper and pulled shenanigans like this your books would be so off. I do count SCR as money makers because that is a physical check that I will deposit into my bank account which will offset any money that I paid out of pocket. Maybe I see it this way because I have worked in an accounting department before.

I was planning on getting the Bufferin for $6.99 with $6.00 SCR and a $3.00 MC but they were all out- I was so surprised because this Rite Aid is never out of stuff. Luckily I brought in my other coupons and got the Nivea body was and Nivea lip care instead. I was surprised I did this good on the fly because I had the kids with me.

I got overage on the Butt Paste which I wasn't expecting. I just figured the $2.00 MC would get adjusted down but I'm not complaining. It was even the store manager who rang me up.

I just want to say that I really love my Rite Aid (North Attleboro, Ma). They are so nice and they don't mind coupons. There is a Rite Aid about 2 minutes from my house in Plainville, Ma that I hate going to and avoid at all costs so I drive a bit farther to the other one. So worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment