Saturday, June 7, 2014

Work It Girl...

Work in ProgressThe past few months have been so hectic, more so than usual because of me going back to work part time.

I have come to the realization that I enjoy working and that being home full time with the kids was no longer something that I wanted to do after almost seven years. Yep, I said it... being a stay at home mom was just not doing for me anymore.

I love my kids and I cherish the years that I was home with them- while times were not always roses and rainbows I look back and do not regret for one moment giving up my career to be able to snuggle with my babies. But the time came when I needed more in my life to make me feel good about myself- I needed something that made me feel like the person I was before I had kids, the person that I lost in all of the constant putting everyone else before me.

I know that not all moms feel the way I do, working or not. What I am doing works for my family and I, and I am very fortunate that all of the pieces fell into place so well for me. I have a great job that is flexible and I have the support of family to help with the kids- if I didn't have these things then my situation and my feeling toward it would most likely be very different. I am also done having children which makes things much easier- working while having a seven, five and two and a half year old is much different than working when having much younger kids or babies (moms who do that get my admiration because it can't be easy).

With all of this said, there are still times that I do feel guilty for going to work and liking going to work but I snap out of it because I know that I am doing my best and doing it the best way I know how. I don't ask my kids to be perfect, only to try their best so how is it fair for me to ask myself to be perfect?

photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment