Saturday, June 14, 2014

Summer Time...

I am so ready for summer vacation.

The running around on work mornings to bring everyone to the places they need to be is wearing on me. I can tell this because the other morning I was going to get on the highway to bring my youngest to my mom's house and I realized that I forgot to bring my four year old to preschool. Oops. She thought it was great because she wanted to go to her Mimi's house but I quickly burst her bubble by turning around and dropping her off at school.

Once both older kids are out of school for the summer my life will be so much simpler. I am cutting back from working three week days from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm to working two week days from 9 am to 4 pm (I will continue to work my normal Saturday shift of 7:30 am to 6 pm but Saturdays are easy because I just have to worry about getting myself out of the house). One day a week my mom is watching all three kids so I'll only have one drop off to do and the other day I work my in-laws are going to watch the two older kids (my husband will drop them off on his way to work) and my mom will watch my youngest so again I will only have one drop off. On the in-law days I will have to make two pick ups but that is no big deal.

Summer vacation right now means to me lazy and less stressful days and hanging out with my kids, all things which are much needed. Summer vacation in a few weeks will probably mean me trying to hold onto my sanity while dealing with three kids who one minute are little sweethearts and the next minute are absolutely flipping crazy. But, so is the life of a mom- and I love it!

Besides, who wants to live a quiet life when you can have a household full of laughter (and screaming, and crying, and whining and lets not forget about the dogs barking)?

No comments:

Post a Comment