Saturday, March 8, 2014

Dang Shopping...

Oh my gosh, I haven't posted since Tuesday.

I have been sick the past few days with a bladder infection- it started on Wednesday (I still went to work) and I didn't feel to bad. Wednesday night I got no sleep and Thursday I felt awful and slept as much as my kids would let me. I went to work on Friday (I hate missing work) and then later in the day after I picked up my daughter from preschool all three kids and I went to the doctor because I felt like I was going to die (dramatic, but true). Surprisingly, the kids were all very well behaved which was good because I was in no mood for them fighting and would have knocked some heads together (not really, but there would have been threats of sitting in their rooms with no iPads or Kindles).

I am now on antibiotics and am feeling better- I was actually able to sleep last night. Right now I am at work (my first Saturday shift since I left over the summer) and am working from 7:30 am to 6 pm. Hopefully I continue to feel okay until I go home and can lay down but I do have to say that it is so quiet here which is making it more relaxing than being home.

What really stinks about being sick this week is that since it was my first week picking up Saturdays I have not been able to go grocery shopping yet. I was planning on doing some of it Thursday but I was obviously not in any shape to do so, which is stressing me out a little. Sundays are now our only day together as a family and I really did not want to have to do any shopping that day but I guess this week I am going to have to. I hope going forward I can shop on Mondays, though doing it with two kids instead of one will not be fun and there is no way I will be able to stop at multiple stores anymore to pick up the best deals. Shopping when my husband gets home is out of the question because he gets home at 6:30 pm (sometimes later) and I am just too tired to deal with leaving the house.

I really need to come up with a concrete plan on how I will do my shopping going forward. While I love working part time, it is definitely making me have to reprioritize how I do things.

No comments:

Post a Comment