Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Crispy Crunchy Oven Onion Rings

My new favorite snack is crunchy onions.

What are crunchy onions, you may ask?

Well, they are onions that are crunchy and they are delicious!

Here is the "recipe"...

one onion (I use regular old yellow onions- cheap and yummy)
cooking spray (I use gmo free canola oil)
kosher salt


Slice the onion as thin as possible. Separate the the rings and place in a single layer on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Spray onions with cooking spray and then sprinkle with salt. Place in an oven and "cook" on the oven's lowest setting- mine is the keep warm setting but your oven may have something different. Leave in oven for 3-4 hours, or until golden brown.


I am telling you- these things are absolutely delicious! Yes, they take awhile in the oven but the wait is well worth it (even though I steal some onions out of the oven before they are fully done). They come out super crispy and have a little bit of a bite to them- they are a great replacement for chips and are way healthier (plus they are gluten free).

I think I'm going to have to start buying a bag of onions every week...

No comments:

Post a Comment