Tuesday, January 21, 2014

No Spend January- Update

No Cash? No Problem. Caution!I am really surprised at how fast this month is going buy with me not spending lots of money- usually I look forward to UPS dropping off packages at my door but I haven't even missed it.

Life has been more simple for me. When I go to the store I just buy food and household products like laundry detergent, etc. if need be- no more stalking when Target will mark down things or repeatedly checking out Slickdeals to score deals on things I don't need. I'm not going to lie- it also feels good saving money and not having extra clutter in my house.

This past week I did end up buying some cloth diapers though. I had some rewards from an online cloth diaper store from Black Friday so I decided to use them to buy two Bum Genius 4.0 diapers in the new prints, a Flip diaper cover and three Bum Genius diaper repair kits. I only spent $25 out of pocket which is pretty good for three diapers and now I can also repair three diapers that I own that have worn out  aplix. I could have not bought the diapers and been fine but it felt good to buy myself something fun (yes, I consider buying cloth diapers buying something fun for myself- I love using them on my daughter).

We also got Domino's Pizza on Sunday which was totally not planned but the chicken I was defrosting in the fridge was still partially frozen. We got a great deal though- all pizzas were 50% off plus I had a $5 gift card that I got for free awhile ago. The gluten free pizza ended up being really good- I topped it with sauce, chicken, green peppers and mushrooms.

A big expenditure we had this past week was when my husband drove down to Virginia to pick up our rescue pit bull mix. I haven't tallied it up yet, but between the gas, hotel room and coffee/food I know he spent a small chunk of change. That was worth it though because we have a wonderful, loving dog that we saved from ending up in a shelter- if you ask me, you can't put a price on that.

Next week is the last week of my No Spend January; I hope I can keep up my great momentum!


photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment