Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Promises

Do you ever make a promise to your kids and then immediately wish you hadn't?

I do this all of the time and you would think I would have learned my lesson by now. Yesterday the girls and I went to Target so I could pick up a few things we needed (my son is having a sleepover at my parent's house) and told them they could each spend their $20 that my Meme gave them for Christmas.

Well, Target didn't have a cool enough selection of toys so Jilly ended up spending $3.50 of her money on a Lalaloopsy pony and Alli got nothing. Then stupid me said hey, why don't we go to Toys R Us tomorrow so Jilly can use the $50 gift card she got for her birthday and Alli can use her money?

I hate going to Toys R Us and what I hate more is going to Toys R Us with kids who have money to spend because we will literally be in there for hours while they decide what to pick out (believe me- I have been through this more times than I can count).

I am really going to try and not be a sourpuss about this because I know how exciting it is for my kids to go to Toys R Us, considering we only go maybe twice a year, and I know how exciting it is to have money that you can spend on whatever you want as a kid. Plus, with Jilly being two now this is the first year that she actually understands the concept of picking things out for herself. So, we will go and most likely my grouchiness at having to put real clothes on to leave the house when all I want to do is stay home and chill will subside when I see the smiles on my girls' faces.

Now if only someone would give me a gift card that I could use to just buy myself unnecessary stuff- perhaps to the liquor store or maybe even for some new clothes  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment