Monday, December 30, 2013

Menu Plan Monday


I took last week off from menu planning because of the holidays- we had a few family get togethers we went to and the other days I just made super simple stuff from the pantry/freezer. This week I'm back in business!

Saturday
We got take out because it was my husband's birthday. He and the kids got Panera and I got Chipotle- I can't eat at Panera because I can't have gluten and dairy and they pretty much tell people with food  allergies to pound sand. Chipotle on the other hand is much better anyways- they make it easy to pick a meal you can safely eat and I love that they are all for striving for using gmo free ingredients and humanely raised and antibiotic free meat.

Sunday
Roasted Chicken (I brined it first and then cooked in in a dutch oven- yum!)
Baked Potatoes
Corn
Broccoli

Monday
Buffalo Chicken Wraps (with leftover chicken from Sunday)- I will use lettuce as a wrap instead of flour tortillas
The kids will have grilled cheese sandwiches on homemade wheat bread
Salad with Cucumbers and Homemade Croutons (I can't have them but my family loves them)
Fruit for the kids

Tuesday
Homemade Pizza with Nitrate Free Pepperoni
Gluten Free Pizza for me with Pepperoni, Green Pepper and Mushrooms (green peppers and mushrooms are from the freezer- I buy a lot and then chop them up and freeze for later meals)
Salad
Fruit for the kids

Wednesday
Pork Roast
Mashed Potatoes (dairy free- I'll either use olive oil or unsweetened almond milk with Earth Balance "butter")
Green Beans
Beets
Corn

Thursday
American Chop Suey (ground beef, onions, canned diced tomatoes and pasta- I'll skip the regular pasta for myself and use either gluten free pasta or have a baked potato)
Homemade Focaccia Bread (for the family)
Corn
Broccoli

Friday
It's my birthday so we'll get take-out to celebrate. Not sure what the family will be getting but I'll most likely get Chipotle again.

I am participating in I'm an Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment