Friday, August 24, 2012

May the Force Be With You...

A Jedi stopped by my house today and forgot his thingy...  It's mine now!
photo credit
Something I have noticed lately is the more kids you have the less time you have to care about silly things. With each child that emerges from my belly I have less time to linger on trivial things... like an AWOL spider in my bedroom.

Yes, there is a spider in my bedroom somewhere and I don't really care. I am too tired to care and my brain is too mushy after dealing with whining kids all day to care.

Normally I would have taken every piece of furniture out of my bedroom and stayed up all night until I found and exterminated the spider. Let me rephrase that, I would have had my husband take apart every piece of furniture and stay up all night until he found and exterminated the spider. But now I am a mom with three monsters to take care of which is far more terrifying than an eight legged creature possibly crawling on me.

I know that the little guy most likely isn't even in my bedroom anymore- he's probably under a piece of furniture somewhere mocking me for my pitiful attempt at killing him (it involved a light saber and some toilet paper) so even though I am not terrified by his presence in my house I still scan every room I walk into just in case he wants to make his presence known. And if for some reason he is sitting behind me while I am writing this I want him to know that the next time we meet I'll be better prepared, perhaps with a Nerf gun of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment