Monday, March 12, 2012

Yeah, I'm a Trash Picker...

Bulb of Garlic
photo credit
Last night I made a delicious homemade tomato sauce for dinner. My lazy butt even used real, live garlic in it.

When the sauce was simmering on the stove I was putting away the mess of ingredients I used and could not for the life of me find the rest of the head of garlic. I looked all over the counter, on the floor, in the fridge (am I the only one who puts things in weird places by accident?) and found nothing.

Then I had that oh crap moment and realized I may have thrown it in the trash. Guess what? I did throw it in the trash. It was sitting in plain view right on top, resting on the onion peels that were leftover from dinner prep.

I thought about what I should do and after much consideration took the garlic out of the trash. I came to this decision due to many factors as follows:

-it was sitting on top of the onion peels and in no way was touching any yucky garbage
-it is covered in papery garlic peel that I will take off when I need to use it
-the thought of going to the store with my kids to get more garlic made me want to cry

So in the end my hatred of going to the store with my kids turned me into a trash picker. Oh well, losing a bit of my dignity will be worth it when I make some kick-butt chilli this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment