Saturday, March 10, 2012

Step Away From the Chocolate and No One Will Get Hurt...

365, Chocolate theme....Cadbury's mini eggs
photo credit
I have a confession to make...

I ate a Cadbury chocolate egg the other day.

Big deal, right? Yeah, well I suppose it would be no big deal except for the fact that I am breastfeeding my infant who has a milk allergy.

My husband has been noshing on those delightful Cadbury eggs for the past couple of weeks and I just could not resist anymore. I have not had any dairy since before Christmas and at the moment that I ate the egg I was in heaven- it was delicious. Then after I chewed and swallowed it I felt horrible.

Fast forward a few days later and my baby had blood in her poop. Now I feel like a selfish piece of dung mom for causing my daughter to crap blood. I guess if there was any question in my mind that she actually had a milk allergy it is now ferociously squashed.

So, I had my one little chocolate egg and now I am set for the next eight months of no milk (wow, that sounds like a long time). If only my gosh darned family would stop eating such tempting things in front of me; does no one have any compassion for my plight?

No comments:

Post a Comment