Monday, May 23, 2011

I Am Still Alive

The past few days have been a whirlwind and I have neglected to post anything.

On Thursday night I became really sick and pretty much spent the whole day Friday on the couch in fetal position only getting up to run to the bathroom and dry heave (tmi, I know). I didn't go to work on Saturday because I was still feeling sick but I mustered up enough energy to go grocery shopping for my son's birthday party. When I got home from the store I thought I was feeling better but then started feeling dizzy and got a horrible case of the chills so I laid on the couch for a few hours, much to my detriment because I was supposed to start making my son's birthday cake. I do want to say that I didn't have anything contagious- I have Crohn's Disease which is a chronic digestive disease so basically whenever I eat something bad my body overreacts- a normal person may just get an upset stomach or not have a symptoms wheras my body acts as if I ate nuclear waste. This is why I am so careful about making sure food is cooked properly and that I don't eat anything that has been sitting our for too long.

Once I rested and finally felt better I started making the cake at around 6 o'clock. Eight hours later at 2 am I finally got to go to sleep. I had to make two sheet cakes (45 minutes each in the oven) , a Spiderman cake mold (about 30 minutes in the oven) and at least six batches of butter cream frosting. I only had one sheet cake pan so I had to cool the first one for a bit and then wash the pan before I could cook the second one. I am sure if I were more organized the whole endeavor would have taken less time but alas I am not so it is what it is.

Yesterday was the party and everything went wonderful. All of the kids came from my son's class along with their moms and all of my family was there- everyone seemed to have a great time. The weather also ended up being nice so the kids got to run around the whole time playing on the swing set, in the sand box and in the bouncy house (the bouncy house was well worth the money to rent it because the kids loved it). And thankfully I felt a lot better too, just a little weak because I hadn't eaten for two days.

Today I am going to try and post my recent shopping trips and a picture of the ginormous cake I made that took eight hours out of my life that I will never get back. Oh yeah, I am also going to stuff my face with all of the leftover food from the party because I'm starving and think I lost a few pounds (sorry baby in my belly!). And I guess I'll take care of my kids in between all of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment