Sunday, February 6, 2011

Shaws


Head of Lettuce $1.99 (they were out of the $1 shreds I wanted)
.45 lb Plum Tomatoes .81 (they wer out of the $1 tomatoes I wanted)
1.14 lb Oranges .90
2.14 lb Bosh Pears $3.19 (they were out of the normal pears)
3 lb Bag Potatoes $1.00
Spinich $1.00
Entemen's Marshmallow Cake $2.84 (treat for my husband)
2 Whole Wheat Ritz Crackers @ $1.99 each
Triscuts $1.99
Wheat Thins with Fiber $1.99
Honey Buns $1.39 (snack for my husband's morning commute)
Chips Ahoy $2.00 - $1.00 MC wyb milk (treat for my husband, I may have a couple though)
3 Rice Krispies @ $1.99 each - $1/3 MC
French's Mustard $1.50 - .50 MC (doubled)
Philly Mini Cream Cheese $1.69 - $1.00 MC
Hood Milk $3.89
Eggs $1.79
Kraft Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philly $2.00 - .50 MC (doubled)
2 Kraft Shredded Cheese @ $2.00 each - $1/2 MC
2 Kraft Singles @ $2.50 each
2 Simply GoGurt @ $2.00 each - $1/2 MC
Less $5 instant savings wyb $20 in Kraft
Less $10 Catalina from last week

Total: $28.92
Saved 66%

It is so annoying when a store runs out of stuff you really want.

I am happy with this trip because we really needed Rice Krispies, cheese singles, Ritz crackers and yogurt.

With this trip to Shaws and my trip to Stop and Shop ($44.65 for groceries, the $10 for trash bags comes out of my household items budget) I came in at $73.57 for the week. I am under budget- yeah! I do have to that I am really glad that I don't buy a lot of junk food because if I did my budget would have been blown. Trying to stick to a budget and feed my family healthy is hard but if I started adding extras on it would be impossible. Today at the store I looked at all of the stuff I wanted to buy and asked myself if I really needed it and if it was something that I wanted in the house (well yeas, I would love having cheez doodles in the house but if I bought them I would have already scarfed them down).

Having a budget sucks but I guess it is good. It still sucks though.

No comments:

Post a Comment