Sunday, February 20, 2011

Homemade and Healthy Jello- Can't Wait To Try It!

I bought some unflavored gelatin awhile ago when I was thinking of making homemade cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving (I wanted to make a homemade knock-off of the kind that you just dump out of a can) but I just ended up buying the canned stuff because I didn't want to risk disappointing my guests who love the canned stuff.

The purchase was not a complete waste of money because I can use it to make homemade healthy jello- with no added sugar!

I did a search tonight and found this recipe. Once I go shopping and buy some juice I am going to try the recipe out and see if it is a winner with my kids. The only juice I have on hand is usually just orange juice (for my 3 1/2 year old son) because I prefer my kids to just drink milk with meals and water in between meals. It is so funny because my 19 month old daughter does not like juice that much- I give her juice boxes as special holiday treats and she will take a couple sips and then focus on squeezing the juice out all over her high chair tray to make a mess.

My son loves jello so I hope that this new recipe will go over well with him. I'll post about my homemade jello adventure this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment