Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Calorie Counting is Fun- No, Really It Is!

So two weeks ago I decided that I would count calories to see if I was shoving too much junk food down my pie hole.

Guess what, I was. Well, not too much junk food but just too much food in general. The portions of my food were way off which was adding too many unnecessary calories ot my day.

For the past two weeks I have been limiting myself to between 1500 and 1600 calories a day and not doing any exercising. I have also been drinking much more water. The result ot me being concious of what I am eating is that I lost about 3 lbs in two weeks. Not earth shattering but pretty good for pretty much doing nothing.

I really pay attention to what a serving size is on everything I eat (even the delicious caramel d-lites Girl Scout Cookies I bought the other day- a serving is two stinking cookies). At the end of the day if I don't have any calories left then I don't get a night time snack. Calorie counting forces me to look at foods I want and try to decide if 150 calories for two cookies is worth it to me or if I should have a sandwich with two slices of bread or make it with one slice cut in half with the same amount of meat and cheese. I have to make good decisions on what I eat so I get all of my daily nutrients on 1500-1600 calories.  And to my surprise, I am not starving at all. I thought that by dinner time I would be ravenous for food but that hasn't been the case so far.

I really enjoy calorie counting and will continue to do so because it holds me accountable to myself for the type of food I am putting into my body. There is nothing like looking back on your meals for the day typed out on the computer screen to shame yourself into eating better.

For the next two weeks I am going to continue to calorie count but I am going to mix in a few days of exercise to see where that puts me (I'll use the 30 Day Shred on the beginners level).

No comments:

Post a Comment