Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Beef Stew with Carrots

Tonight for dinner we had Beef Stew with Carrots which is a new recipe for us. It came out really good and I am sure if I followed the recipe and let it simmer for a couple of hours instead of rushing it would have been even better. I do want to say that this is not what I would consider a healthy recipe but sometimes cooking with bacon fat is just so delicious you can't say no.

Along with not cooking it at the correct temperature for the correct length of time I changed a couple of other things. We are not really a carrot loving family so I cut way back on the carrots and added some potatoes. I also substituted water for the brandy because I don't drink brandy and don't keep any on hand. I did add the wine though because I always like to have wine on hand- it feels so nice to relax on the couch at night when everyone else is in bed and drink myself silly.

This recipe is a keeper- especially because my son loved it. My daughter- well that is another story. I am losing Operation No More Picky Kids with her- she is so darn stubborn and refuses to try anything new. I have been having to cut her meal times short because she has started throwing all of her food on the floor while looking at me defiantly- I am so dreading when she is a teenager if this is how she is acting at twenty months old. But guess what my dear little Allison- I am way more stubborn then you'll ever be so I will get you to eat new foods!

1 comment: