Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween- I'm Ready for You!

After dropping my son off at nursery school yesterday afternoon, my daughter and I ran to JoAnn Fabrics to get the stuff I needed to make the kids' Halloween Baskets.


Here is my daughter's costume. I bought the owl cape from Etsy- I am so obsessed with how absolutely adorable it is! I bought a brown sweatshirt and sweatpants at Target and used fabric that I bought yesterday to make and owl tummy and cover the ugly writing on the sweatshirt (the fabric I bought is the same fabric that was used to line the cape). Then I used some leftover fabric and hot glued it to the basket I bought.


My son is going to be Spiderman so I made him this basket. I used a Halloween pail that I bought at Target for $1 and then glued on red felt that I bought yesterday (they didn't have any of the regular felt in red that was on sale for .25 so I had to buy the .79 fancy patterned red felt and glue the pattern side down- grrrr). Then I used some good old black puffy paint to make the web design.

The total costs for the baskets (and my daughter's owl tummy) were less than $5 each.

I really love making my kids Halloween baskets every year- it is my little tradition that I know they don't really care about but it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment