Thursday, October 14, 2010

Eggplant Croquettes

Last night for dinner we had breaded chicken, roasted baby potatoes, string beans, beets and eggplant croquettes. Nothing too special- except for the chicken croquettes.

They were delicious! I didn't even want to eat my chicken because I was too bust devouring these!

I am not an eggplant lover but this recipe has made me one. My three year old son even took a bite of one and didn't spit it out (if you knew my son you would know that this was absolutely amazing).

They remind me of stuffing which is why I probably like them- stuffing is my all time favorite food to eat. I know that they are fried which takes down the health factor but to bump the health factor back up a bit you could use whole wheat breadcrumbs (or make your own from leftover bread) and low fat cheese. I suppose you could even try to just bake them in the oven but one of the best parts is the crisp crust that the frying gives them.

MMMMMM, fried food.

I swear I am drooling right now thinking about them- if only I had another eggplant laying around...

Disclaimer: I was in no way compensated from eggplant farmers for this post- all opinions are 100% mine. If you are an eggplant farmer and would like to compensate me for this post though, I would not be against that.

No comments:

Post a Comment