Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Roasted Tomatoes

My neighbor gave us some tomatoes the other day and I let them sit on the counter just a bit too long. What to do with tomatoes that are a little too ripe... roast them!

I cut each tomato in half and cut out the stems. Then I drizzled olive oil in my baking dish, put the tomatoes in the dish cut side up and drizzled them with olive oil. You can pretty much add whatever spices strike your fancy- I added oregano, parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder.

Put the dish into an oven preheated to 200 degrees and cook for 10 hours- yes I said 10 hours. Believe me- it is so worth it! Your house will smell wonderful!


This is my finished product all packaged to go into the freezer. These tomatoes smell amazing- like the most delicious pasta sauce in the world. I don't know what I will use them for but whatever it is will end up tasting great!

No comments:

Post a Comment