Monday, July 26, 2010

Saving Money on Paper Towels

I don't like to waste paper towels. Now before you go and think that I am all "green" and trying to save the whales you need to know that I am cheap and if it will save me money, regardless of what impact it has on the rain forest, I will do it.

My husband is a good person but one of the things that really annoyed me was that he would use a paper towel for everything when I have a basketful of rags under the sink. And, if I want to be totally honest, I would do the same thing sometimes. Well, here is my solution:

This is where my paper towels used to be (next to the sink).


Here is where they are now (on the kitchen table which is across the room from the sink).

Here is my thinking: we were too lazy to grab a rag from under the sink so it was easier to grab a paper towel. Now, to grab a paper towels requires walking across the room so the lazy thing will be to grab a rag.

Does it look kind of dumb having the paper towels on the table? Yes. Did my husband threaten me that he was going to move it back because it was dumb? Yes. But, the paper towels are still where I put them and we haven't used as many as usual. Point, Match, I win.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! As a matter of fact, I am going to do this as well. Actually, I thought you were going to say that you hid the paper towels altogether *gasp*! LOL, even I was relieved you only moved them!

    ReplyDelete