Saturday, June 26, 2010

Shopping Recap Week Ending June 26 Groceries

Shaws

Total: $28.04
Details here


Total: $13.99
Details here


Total: $13.88
Details here


CVS

Total: $3.99
Details here


I did good this week mostly because I already have a well stocked pantry. I now have a well stocked freezer thanks to the great deal on Purdue chicken breast and the awesome ice cream deals from a couple of weeks ago.

I have been buying a lot more produce lately because my daughter is off of baby food and she eats a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables. I love that she likes whatever I give her because my son, who is three, is so picky that he will only eat applesauce and raisins. I give him an assortment of fruits and veggies everyday and am waiting for the day when he actually eats them. At least I have one child who is easy!

Side note: I bought a mango for my daughter but I had no idea how to cut it. I managed to get a piece off but it smelled weird and tasted weird. I have never had a mango before and am not sure if I got a bad one or if I just don't like them. I am trying to broaden our horizons when it comes to produce but I am challenged when it comes to how to cut/prepare new things.

2 comments:

  1. Mango's shouldn't smell or taste weird. They remind me a little of a peach in texture and taste. You peel it like an apple the pit is long & thin. You can cut alot of fruit off each side of the pit. Good mango's are firm but not hard. Don't buy them too soft either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks- it did not remind me of a peach so I guess I bought a dud. I had no idea how to pick one while in the store so I just grabbed one. I'll have to try again using your tips because mangos sound like they're supposed to taste good!

    ReplyDelete