Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Birthday Prep


My daughter turns one on Friday and I'm having her party on Sunday so I thought it was high time to get off my butt and start preparing.

2 Rolls of Wired Ribbon @ $1.99 each
Wrapping Paper $1.99
Balloons $1.69
Napkins $1.00
2 Pack White Paper Tablecloths $1.99
Kids Adirondack Chair $10.99

Total: $22.25

I have plates with flowers on them that I got from Shaws for free a few weeks ago (Solo Catalina Deal). I also have plastic cutlery and plastic cups.

I am going to make her a Happy Birthday Banner and something to decorate her high chair with. I will use my existing craft and scrap booking supplies for this so $0.00 out of pocket.

I am making her a dolly cake- the pan was free because my mom is an avid cake maker and has saved every pan that she has used since I was a baby. I am making the cake and frosting from scratch and have all of the decorating tools that I need so $0.00 out of pocket.

The ribbon that I bought is going to be used to wrap her presents and I am going to use it to decorate (not sure how but I work best under pressure).

The guests are just going to consist of my parents and brothers and my in laws so nothing big- but I still like to make things nice.

For a menu I was thinking of steak tips, hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken, potato salad, pasta salad, fruit salad and lettuce salad. My son's birthday was last month and we had hamburgers and hot dogs so I didn't want to have the exact same menu. Plus, it is Father's Day so I thought there should be some steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment