Saturday, May 8, 2010

Speak Up!

This week was not a good one for food that I bought.

First, after my awful trip to the hell that is Walmart I opened the cereal I bought for my 10 month old daughter and the bag was torn open. Grrrr. I emailed the Erewhon to let them know about it because the box was sealed shut and the inner bad was torn. I then had to drag the kids back to Walmart to exchange it. Double Grrrr.

Today when packing snacks for work I noticed that the Honey Maid Graham Crackers that I bought at BJ's expired on April 27, 2010- I bought them on April 30! I had already eaten 1 1/2 boxes (I shared some with my son- so generous). I don't have the receipt- I threw it away because I decided to stop keeping every receipt starting with that one (doh!). I emailed Nabisco to tell them that BJ's was selling expired products and I emailed BJ's customer service to see what I can do about this.

Here is what happened so far because I spoke up to the companies:

Erewhon sent me a coupon for a free box of cereal along with a hand written note apologizing for the torn bag. I really like this cereal for my daughter because it is so much healthier than Rice Krispies and I will continue to buy it even though the price is a little up there.

Nabisco emailed me apologizing for the expired product and said they will be mailing a check to reimburse me for the crackers (usually companies send a coupon- wow). I will be checking expiration dates on everything at BJ's from now on.

So the moral of the story is take a minute of your day to let companies know what they are doing wrong or right and they will usually take pretty good care of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment