Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day Gifts- I Love Crafts!

It's hard getting my mom and mother in law gifts because it seems like they have everything they need so i like to give them sentimental things. This year I decided to make imprints of the kids' hands that they can hang on the wall. My son picked out the ribbon and even though I tried to coax him into picking out different patterns he was adamant that he wanted these ones.

I tried to make 5x7 photo cards on the Walgreens Photo site but found out I wouldn't get them in time so I just made two 4x6 collages and bought frames to put them in- kind of a permanent Mother's Day card.

Here is a breakdown of the cost:
Ribbon ($1.99 for each roll, used 1/2 roll of each) $1.00
Tissue Paper ($1.00, used 1/4 of the package) .25
2 Baskets @ $1.99 each
2 Frames @ $2.99 each
Handprint Kit ($14.99 for 10, used 4) $6.00
2 4x6 Photo Collages .39
Total: $17.60 or $8.80 each
To tell you the truth the cost isn't too important to me because I really enjoyed making these baskets and I know that my mom and mother in law will really like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment