Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Baby Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes


I made these today for my 10 month old daughter. She gave me a funny face when she ate a piece but I think it was because she is still getting used to eating real people food. My son thought they were really good which totally surprised me because they are extremely healthy. I found the recipe here but I super tweaked it. Here is what I did:

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
cinnamon
4 tsp baking powder
3 small ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups rice milk (daughter has milk allergy)

Mix the dry ingredients together. Add the milk and bananas and mix. Pour batter onto skillet sprayed with cooking spray and set to 375 degrees and cook until both sides are golden brown.

I have them in the fridge right now and will be freezing them tomorrow so that I don't have to put any effort into actually cooking breakfast every morning.

I went a little banana happy and should have probably only put one or two in so I'll try that next time and they might not be so mushy. Hell, maybe next time I will follow the original recipe. I didn't try these because I absolutely despise bananas- I am surprised that my kids like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment