Thursday, February 6, 2014

Back to Work!

Clock Work ManTomorrow I go back to work and I am excited.

I actually feel bad because I don't feel bad about it- does that make any sense?

As a mom my life is devoted to my kids and gosh darn it I love those little monsters, but after leaving my part time job six months ago I realized that being a full time stay at home mom wasn't as magical as I thought it would be.

I thought that not working every Saturday would mean more time to spend with my family but honestly, Saturdays ended up being like every other day. Cooking, cleaning, yelling at fighting kids... it was not what I thought it would be. I had nothing to break up my week anymore, no more "me" time. And to be completely honest, I missed being appreciated  for things other than cooking, cleaning and changing diapers.

I was so grateful when I called my old employer and they offered me a position to work every Wednesday and Friday from 9 am to 2 pm and it made me feel really good that they were so excited to have me back. It's nice when people miss you  : )

With this schedule I still can have weekends off and my kids will barely notice that I am gone. My husband will put my son on the bus on those mornings so that I can drop my daughter off at preschool around 7:15 am. When I was sending her from 9-2 I thought the school was very expensive but now not so much because the price I pay includes before and aftercare of free- now it's a great deal plus my daughter will get more one on one time with her teacher and more time to play with her friends.

Once I drop Alli off I will head to my mom's house to drop off my two year old for the day- my mom is so excited to watch Jilly because she hasn't gotten a lot of one on one time with her since she's been born. Then I will head off to work for 9 am. At 2 pm I'll leave and go pick up Jilly from my mom's house. Then we'll come home and wait for Tyler's bus to come and then pick up Alli from school by 4 pm.

It seems like a lot when I write it out, but it's actually going to be pretty seamless plus it is only for two days a week. During school vacations and summer vacation my mom said she will watch all three kids- brave woman. My only issue is next school year- Alli will be in kindergarten and they are not sure yet whether it will be half or full day. If it is full day then all is easy peasy for me but if it is half day I will have to figure out an arrangement for the days I work.

I am so happy to finally have that balance back in my life- I still consider myself a stay at home mom but for ten hours a week I get to do something that makes me feel good. I also feel like working will bring more structure to my life and hopefully help me start getting my butt out of bed super early every morning so that I can get my day started right.

Now I am off to start peeping things for tomorrow, after I break up the fight that Jilly and Alli are having right now (which is why I would appreciate if you ignored any grammatical and/or spelling errors).

photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment