Sunday, November 17, 2013

Minnie Mouse Cake


My youngest turned two last Sunday and today we are having a little party for her- by little I mean us and my parents. 

Every year I let my kids pick out the kind of cake they want and then I spend hours slaving away making it- it is a tradition that I love and hate at the same time.

In previous years I was using frosting and would be up until the wee hours of the night making cakes but since discovering fondant this whole cake thing has become so much more simple (and enjoyable) for me. Add to that the fact that I no longer work on Saturdays so I can actually get a lot done during the day instead of starting on the cake at 7 pm.

So here is her cake- she is obsessed with Minnie Mouse. She had the biggest smile on her face when she woke up this morning and saw it which makes the time spent baking and decorating well worth it.

Now I get a break from cake making until May when my son turns seven.


No comments:

Post a Comment