Sunday, October 21, 2012

Zombie Fingers!

My five year old son is obsessed with zombies which means my three year old daughter thinks that they are pretty cool too. Since Halloween is coming up, I decided to do something zombified with them and make zombie finger crayons.

I bought a Wilton Halloween pan last year on clearance from Target just for a moment like this. Here is how we transformed crappy crayons into cool zombie fingers:

- preheat the oven to 275 degrees
- spray pan with vegetable oil spray to prevent sticking
- peel paper off of decrepit crayons and break into small pieces
- put crayon pieces into molds in the pan
- put pan into the oven for about ten minutes, or until wax is completely melted
- let crayons cool completely; to remove from pan turn it upside down and tap it on the kitchen counter

My kids loved their new zombie fingers, and for a small part of the day I felt like one of those cool moms who does cool stuff with their kids. Then I went back to being a boring mom who yelled at the kids to only use the crayons on paper and not on the furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment