My five year old son is obsessed with zombies which means my three year old daughter thinks that they are pretty cool too. Since Halloween is coming up, I decided to do something zombified with them and make zombie finger crayons.
I bought a Wilton Halloween pan last year on clearance from Target just for a moment like this. Here is how we transformed crappy crayons into cool zombie fingers:
- preheat the oven to 275 degrees
- spray pan with vegetable oil spray to prevent sticking
- peel paper off of decrepit crayons and break into small pieces
- put crayon pieces into molds in the pan
- put pan into the oven for about ten minutes, or until wax is completely melted
- let crayons cool completely; to remove from pan turn it upside down and tap it on the kitchen counter