Monday, October 8, 2012

Bye Bye Boppy...

Boppy Pillow Cover
photo credit
Today I got rid of the Boppy pillow.

Yes, the magical Boppy pillow- the pillow that helped me nurse three children. The pillow that got crapped on (love those breast fed blow out poops) and saturated with God knows how much breast milk through baby spit up and spurting nipples.

An era is coming to an end. Jilly is going to be a year old in a month which means the end of my breastfeeding journey. I am a little sad because I enjoy the cuddle time we get when Jilly is nursing but at the same time I am relieved that it is going to be over. After being pregnant and breastfeeding for almost all of the past six years I will finally have my body back. No more having to worry about what I can and can't eat and if I can take a aspirin when the kids make me want to bang my head against the wall. I will be able to wear clothes without having to worry if my nursing bra will be hanging out- heck, I'll be able to buy real bras that don't have easy access snaps on them.

So while I will be burning my nursing bras and breast pump and doing a dance around the flames, I will always cherish the special moments I spent with each of my children nursing them. I will also cherish the memories of having big perky boobs because once the milk factory shuts down they will be just memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment