Saturday, September 22, 2012

Glorified Sardine Can...

sardines in a can
photo credit
We have been living in our new place for a little over two months and I guess it is going good. When I think about what our life would have been like had we gone through with purchasing my in-laws' house (pure unadulterated hell) then you could say it is going excellent.

I dislike living in an 1100 square foot townhouse with three little kids always underfoot and driving me crazy but now that the oldest is in school I at least get some time without him and his little sister fighting. I have decided that we are most likely going to send Allison to nursery school- we don't really have the money but if I waited until we had the money to do everything then we would be living in a cardboard box on the street; sometimes you just have to throw caution to the wind and say screw it. Plus, how can you put a price on the happiness of your child (and by that I mean she is driving me crazy and having her go to school a few hours a week will do wonders for my sanity).

Money is still a bit tight, but my husband has been pulling in some big commission checks the past couple of months so we have more breathing room and I am actually starting to feel like imminent doom is no longer in our future. It really does feel good to be doing everything without one bit of help from anyone and it feels really good to give my in-laws the big middle finger (bitter much?). And here is a dash of even more bitterness- if I never see them again it will be too soon. In all honesty, if it weren't for my parents I would totally be up to moving to a whole other part of the country. My husband up and moved to Georgia in our younger years but things like that are easy to do when there aren't three little kids involved.

So on I go living my new life. No matter where we live as long as my husband, kids and I are all together we are home, even if the place we live is a glorified sardine can.




1 comment:

  1. Im kinda the same way! We will never have enough $$ but it is what it is! Casey gets free preschool starting October 1st because of his delays which will be so weird to have 2 mornings a week with just the baby and me.

    ReplyDelete