Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I Hate Spiders...

gummi spider-man
photo credit
Today I had to register my son for Kindergarten. We all piled out of the house into the car and after I buckled the three kids into their car seats I got into the driver's seat and started the car.

I looked to my right and saw a giant spider descending from the roof of the car onto the passenger seat behind my bag. I hate spiders. Spiders disgust me and when I am within five feet of one I start having a panic attack. So it is needless to say that I started to have a mini freak out in my head though I stayed calm because I didn't want the kids to become alarmed.

Many things went through my head, the first being to get myself and the kids the heck out of the car and run far, far away from that dastardly spider. But then I realized that if I left the spider in the car I would never want to set foot in that car again. I sucked it up, ot out of the car, threw my bag on the ground, got a napkin from the glove compartment and stared at my arch nemesis. After much hesitation due to the worry that said spider would jump at my face and bite me if I tried to kill him I squished him.

I was so proud of myself- I felt like I was just the most awesome mom in the world for protecting my kids from a spider. No one else seemed too impressed though, but you know what? Thanks to me there is one less spider in the world to scare unsuspecting moms in their cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment