Sunday, June 3, 2012

Leaving On a Jet Plane...

airplane in sky
photo credit
My husband is leaving tomorrow morning for his business trip to California and will be gone until Thursday night. I could sit here and say that I will miss him because the kids are going to drive me crazy and I won't have him to help me wrangle them, which is true, but I will really miss him being here because I love him.

Yes, after almost seven years of marriage I love my husband actually more than I did the day we said "I do". He is my best friend, and to be honest he is my only friend which is fine with me because he is the only person that I've ever met in my twenty-nine years on this planet that doesn't drive me crazy after a few hours. I still remember the first time I saw him- it was the beginning of freshman year in high school and I thought he was hot. I still think he is hot today though he has traded in baggy jeans and sneakers for button up shirts and shiny shoes.

So, my hotty business attired husband will be boarding an airplane tomorrow while I stay here missing him while taking care of three little animals and worrying that his plane will crash or any other number of things will happen to him (I hate airplanes- they totally scare me and I will never fly on one if I can help it). Then once my worrying and missing him feelings calm down a bit and the kids start driving me crazy I will get slightly annoyed knowing that he's getting a full night's sleep at a hotel with a swimming pool sans annoying children.


No comments:

Post a Comment