Monday, April 23, 2012

Yeah, I Emailed a Picture of Poop...

Something happened today that I thought would never happen- Alli pooped on the potty. I was so excited and proud of her that I almost cried. I even took a picture of her and her poop and emailed it to my husband at work. I feel kind of lame that things such as my kids toilet habits excite me, my how I have changed from pre-kid life.

The best part is that she did it all herself. I was upstairs putting laundry away and she yelled that she pooped. I ran downstairs because I figured she pooped on the floor (wouldn't be the first time) and to my surprise she was on the toilet. I had given up on pushing her to use the potty- I just put underwear on her everyday and dealt with whatever happened whether it be giving her jellybeans for peeing on the potty or whipping out the paper towels and cleaning pee off of the floor.

Now when it is Jilly's turn to be potty trained I am going to take the hands off approach and let her figure it out. It really just is not worth the power struggles, like the ones I had with my son and then the ones I had with Alli before I gave up and said whatever. If only I could go back in time and give myself this advice, it would have saved me many headaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment