Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Target- Some Major Coupon Stacking


Play Doh Swirling Shop $9.99 - $3 Target Coupon and $3 MC
Disney Squinkies $4.99
My Little Pony Train $17.99 - $5 Target Coupon and $5 MC
2 Star Wars Pods @ $6.59 each - (2) 50% off Target Coupons and (2) $2 MC
Memory $7.04 - $3 Target Coupon and $3 MC
Disney Princess Duplo $14.24 - 50% Target Coupon (went through twice?)
Playschool Heroes Star Wars $7.69 - $3 Target Coupon and $3 MC
Stickers $1.99
Up & Up Toddler Wipes $10.61 (reg. $12.99)
2 Starburst Jelly Beans @ $2.00 each - $1/2 MC (couldn't find my Target coupon)
2 Kelloggs Fruit Snacks @ $2.54 each 
Skippy Natural Peanut Butter $3.09
Crispix $2.99 (I am obsessed with this cereal)
2 Nature's Child Squeezable Applesauce @ $2.50 each
Calise Rolls $2.99
Country Kitchen Whole Wheat Bread $2.58
3 Bananas .72
Market Pantry Milk $3.39
Simply Orange Juice $3.14 - $1.00 Target Coupon
Kraft Singles $3.04
2 Simply GoGurt @ $2.59 each - .75/2 Target Coupon and $1/2 MC
4 Sierra Mist/Diet Pepsi 12 Packs $11 plus $2.40 bottle deposit (not pictured)
Less $7 in random coupons?
Less $4.21 Red Card savings

Total: $84.21

So the cashier was totally thrown off by the 50% off coupons. It looks like she took 50% off of the Duplo set twice instead of taking 50% off of the Duplo set and the Squinkies. Doing the math I came out paying $1 less than I should have. She also for some reason double deducted two $3 coupons and a $1 coupon. I didn't notice this until I got home and will not be making a special trip back to tell them they undercharged me as I rarely go back when they overcharge me or don't ring in one of my coupons. I don't understand how she could have messed up but she did not seem too keen on me using coupons at all and when she saw the stack of coupons her attitude immediately cooled. Guess what? You are a cashier at Target- your store accepts coupons- get over it. Instead of getting huffy with coupons why don't you pay attention so you don't screw stuff up?

Most of the toys are for Easter as well as the fruit snacks jelly beans and squeezable applesauce. Some of the jelly beans are for bribing my son to learn his letters. The boy has no interest in such things so we play a game where I hold up letter flashcards and if he knows the letter he gets a jelly bean. It is working because he is improving each day and now can identify 16 letters whereas last week he only knew a few. After that, onto the numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment