Friday, January 13, 2012

Target- I Didn't Succumb to the Toy Clearance


2 Clorox 2 Stain Remover @ $1.75 each - (2) $1.50 MC
Wheat Thins $2.54 - .50 Target Coupon
Ritz $2.54
Honey Maid Grahm Crackers $2.99 - $3/3 Nabisco Coupon
Carrot Sticks $1.49 (daughter hates carrots but cried until I bought these)
Market Pantry Mac and Cheese .72 - .72 Target Coupon (donating this) ***free***
Market Pantry Pasta $1.22
Market Pantry Sauce $1.47 - $1/2 Sauce/Pasta Target Coupon
Entenmanns Muffins $2.99 (for my husband)
Little Debbie Honey Buns $1.69 (for my husband)
Country Kitchen Whole Wheat Bread $2.58
Market Pantry Dried Apricots $2.31
1 lb Strawberries $3.59
Danimals Yogurt $2.14
2 Simply Gogurt @ $2.69 each (forgot to use my $1 coupon)
3 Flinstones Vitamins @ $6.59 each - (3) $2.00 MC and (3) $2.00 Target Coupons
Disney Princess Sheets $5.87 (reg. $19.99)
Little Mermaid Ice Pack $3.24 (caved and bought it for daughter)
2 Dinosaur Toys @ $1.18 each (reg. $3.99 each)
Cucumber .89
3 Bananas .72
10 Smart Ones Meals @ $1.89 each - $3/10 MC and $3/10 Target Coupon
Less $5.00 gift card from another trip
Less $3.00 Red Card Savings

Total: $57.84
Saved 51%
Received $5 gift card for purchasing 10 Smart Ones meals

The Smart Ones meals ended up being .79 each after the sale, coupons and taking the gift card into account. I bought all one flavor because it was the only one that was $1.89 and that didn't have milk in it. Having forzen meals has been a lifesaver for me as they are quick to make and I don't have much time right now to be making myself food to eat.

I bought three of the Flintstones vitamins because I thought there may be a $5 gift card promo going on but I guess it's not in my area. Oh well, I paid $2.59 each for them which seems pretty good, especially since my kids hate the Target brand chewables.

I looked at the infamous toy clearance and did not buy anything (except for the two little dinosaur squishy toys). I have toys leftover from the last clearance and don't want to bring anymore crap into my house. I am going to be very particular from now on about what kind of toys I buy; no more throwing tons of crap into my cart because its 70% off. My kids have so much junk as it is, I don;t need to be adding more junk just because it's cheap. So, I'm sorry Target toy clearance- I am so over you and you multitude of crap that my kids and I don't need.

1 comment:

  1. hi to receive $5 gift card on vitamins you need to buy for $7.59( different kind ) and you will receive $5

    ReplyDelete