Monday, January 2, 2012

Not a New Year's Resolution...

Happy New Year
photo credit
I hate New Year's resolutions. They are really lame, which is why it is a bit annoying to me that New Year's happens to coincide with when my doctor has cleared me to get on with my life and not have to worry about busting open my c-section incision.

Now that I'm cleared I am most definitely going to get back into shape. This was my last baby and I will be damned if I'm going to be content with having a post baby jelly belly (every mom knows what I'm talking about). I've already lost most of the weight but would like to lose a few more pounds and would definitely like to tone myself up. To do this I am going to literally dust off my copy of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and somehow find thirty minutes a day to get my exercise on- I'll have to have a talk with the baby so that maybe, just maybe she'll let me put her down for thirty minutes.

Since I will be exercising and exerting energy I suppose I will have to start eating more during the day. I usually have some wheat toast and orange juice in the morning (with non-dairy butter) but somehow every day in the late afternoon I realize that I haven't eaten anything else and at that point it's almost dinner so I just wait until then to eat. My problem is that I am always running around taking care of the kids or attempting to keep the house looking like it doesn't belong on an episode of Hoarders. If I'm not doing that I'm sitting on the couch nursing the baby at which point I remember to eat but can't get up because I have a baby latched onto me.

So, to accomplish my get in shape goal (not a resolution) I am going to:
- work out five days a week using the 30 Minute Shred
- buy healthy, convenient and dairy free food at the store for quick lunches for me (most likely frozen meals)
- drink way more water and kick the soda habit (soda also aggravates my Crohn's Disease)

I'm not really that out of shape so as long as I can keep up my will power (I tend to be lazy in the exercise department) I should be back to my old self in no time. Or maybe after a week of exercising I will decide that I am in fact not that motivated and will wait until bikini season looms closer to scare me into getting in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment