Saturday, December 3, 2011

Partially Comatose But Still Here...

Wrights Coal Tar Soap
photo credit
I am still alive though I feel partially comatose from all of this "taking it easy".

I am doing better and my incision looks as if it will in fact hold up and not split open, spilling my guts all over the floor. Because I am doing better I am still going to not do much around the house as I don't want to make the same mistake I did before and push my body before it's ready. Then I would be stuck doing not much of anything for even longer which in turn could drive me to the looney bin.

So, yet another day of not accomplishing the many things that I want to get done. I have some items that I really need to return to the Children's Place before the 45 day return window ends, which is very soon. I could send my husband but I'm not sure if going to the mall on a Saturday in December is something I would make him do because it will most likely be packed with people buying lame gifts for their friends and family. I also have a few things to drop off at UPS and I have an order to pick up at Toys R Us that I placed online the other day (I got two Zhu Zhu Pets battle arenas and a tunnel thing for $3- I found the deal on Slickdeals and will be donating the toys to Toys for Tots because my kids do not need anything else for Christmas).

Today, since I will be sitting at home yet again, I suppose I can start to decorate the Christmas tree that my husband bought last night. I can also wrap some presents- hopefully we have enough tape because my son is obsessed with using tape and even though I had tons that I got for free awhile ago I'm afraid he may have depleted my inventory.

As for right now, I am going to take a peaceful shower because for at least a little while I am kid free. My husband and his friend took all three kids out with them to get coffee (the kids don't get coffee, they get doughnuts) and my house is so quiet that I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone. I have forgotten what it feels like to take a shower and not have to rush- I mean, people actually take showers that last longer than ten minutes? That really just blows my mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment