Sunday, October 23, 2011

Trick or Treat (or drive myself crazy)...

2008-Oct-30 Trick or treat 005
photo credit
Every year I make my kids trick or treat baskets that match their costumes. I know that they could care less if they have something that I slaved over or just a pillowcase but I really enjoy doing it and it makes me feel  all mommy like.

The past years have been pretty easy to make baskets for but this year I am kind of stuck.

My daughter is going to be a fairy princess and I dropped a pretty penny on this costume (yes, I know I could have made something like it but it would not have been as cute). My daughter fell in love with it when she saw it and looked beyond adorable when she tried it on. I am going to make her a tutu basket with matching tulle but will iron out the details when I go to Jo-Ann Fabrics this week. Not the most creative basket but at least it will be cute.

My son is going to be a guy from Star Wars which is where my stuck-ness comes in. I am not someone who knows a ton about Star Wars so I did a lot of searching on the Internet for some ideas for a trick or treat basket. Right now I am leaning towards an R2D2 basket made with a bucket, paint and felt but I was also thinking of doing a Chewbacca basket. I guess I will just have to get my inspiration from aimlessly roaming the aisles of the fabric store.

With Halloween about a week away I really need to get going on these baskets and will most likely run to Jo-Ann Fabrics after my doctor's appointment on Tuesday. I swear I am going to drive myself crazy between getting these Halloween baskets done and getting my daughter's/the baby's room done. And like I said before- no one else even cares about any of the stuff I am doing but as long as I care it is all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment