Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Where is My Award- I Took the Kids to the Zoo

I told my kids to hug for a picture- who knew that the word hug really meant choke hold?

Yesterday I decided to take the kids to Capron Park Zoo which is in the next town over. On the way there I was kind of dreading my decision because my kids were being a little cranky but the day actually went really well.

Kangaroos creep me out for some reason but my daughter enjoyed seeing them jump around and eat their corn on the cob.

We walked around and saw all of the animals (why is it that my two year old daughter had no issue walking the entire time but my lazy butt four year old son was complaining that he was tired?) and then I let the kids play in the water park (nothing too fancy but the kids loved it) for awhile while I tried to frantically keep an eye on both of them at the same time.

Yeah, lets pay to go to the zoo but once there just want to play with bubbles which we have at home for free.

I told my son we could play on the playground that is right outside of the zoo but by the time we left I was way too tired so instead I spent $25 on two big snake stuffed animals to bribe my kids to let me just take them home and call it a day. Money well spent if you ask me.

If you live in the area, you should really check out Capron Park Zoo as something fun to do with the kids. It is pretty inexpensive and is a good size place to take young kids for a few hours.

1 comment:

  1. I used to take care of twins and that's how they would give each other a hug too haha!

    Ana
    My (Newly)Wed Life

    ReplyDelete