Monday, June 6, 2011

I Should Have Picked Up Free Depends When I Had the Chance...

An inevitable side effect of being pregnant is extremely frequent urination- as in you just went pee before you left the house but not more than 15 minutes later you have to pee again.

Today we went to my son's four year check-up (he is perfectly healthy put that is only because being a monster is not considered a medical condition) and I went to the bathroom before we left the house. On the way to the doctor's office I had to pee again but it wasn't too bad so I decided I would hold it until we got home. I know some people are thinking that I should have just used the restroom at the doctor's office but I had my four year old and almost two year old with me and them plus me trying to pee in a public restroom does not equal a good time. On the way home I felt like I was going to pee my pants and once we pulled in the driveway I was practically screaming at my kids to put a fire under their butts and get in the house because they of course were taking their dear sweet time. Once we got into the house I went to put all of my stuff down and low and behold my lovely son is using the toilet. Once I finally was able to go I felt so much better but jeez, is this what I have to look forward to?

Now, I knew that I would have to pee all of the time but the fact that I am only four months along and am already dealing with this scares me. What will my life be like when the baby is so big it is actually pushing on my bladder all of the time? I have a feeling that I will be confined to my house when that happens because as I said before- bringing two young children into a public restroom with you while you try to pee is a disaster waiting to happen.

And please, don't even get me started on waking up every night in the wee hours (literally) to go pee and then not being able to fall back asleep for an hour.

Dear baby growing in my belly, I love you so much and I really hope you know that because I wouldn't go through all of this for just anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment