Friday, June 24, 2011

Go Back to Sleep... Pretty, Pretty Please

I hate getting up early, I mean really, really hate it.

I have always wished I could be one of those people who gets up before the kids do and exercises and showers before the kids even open their eyes in the morning. Lately I have made peace with he facts that my daughter gets up at 5:30 am every day and that there is no way on God's green earth that I will be getting up earlier than her to do anything.

Is it lazy and slothful of me? I don't think so; I am who I am and as of right now I see no need to change my habits. Waking up super early everyday, especially now that I am pregnant and need every bit of rest that I can get, would just make me a cranky mom (more cranky than I already am). Besides, shouldn't I relish in the fact that I at least get to sleep until 5:30 am everyday considering when my little bundle of joy is born I am going to be up every two hours to feed him or her?

Now I'm off to hop in the shower while the kids' brains rot in front of the television (I swear the only way to keep them from fighting while I'm in the shower is to have the television on...).

No comments:

Post a Comment