Saturday, April 16, 2011

Frugal Failure...

Last week at Target I got nice pork chops for about $1.50 a pound. Great deal right? I thought so.

Well, last night I went to freeze them thinking they expired on the 15th (the package we had for dinner earlier this week said the 15th on it) and after staring at the packages in disbelief I saw that they expired on the 9th... the 9th!!!!! I suppose I assumed they were all expiring on the 15th or maybe the part that said 15 oz. stuck in my mind as the date, who the heck knows what goes on in my befuddled mind sometimes.

So, I had to throw away five packages of pork chops which was about $7.50. I feel like a total moron and learned a valuable lesson: a great deal isn't great if you end up throwing it away. Will I heed this advice in the future? I'll try but knowing me there will be more moronic mess ups and more money literally thrown away.

Bah humbug!


No comments:

Post a Comment